Friday 29 October 2010

Samhain/Halloween Spell - On second thoughts!

Ok, I have been trying to think of ways to bring all of my Samhain spell ideas together and most of this has been while driving in the car - I've done a lot of this lately! It actually seems to help me think because of the movement and change of scenery. Try it!

But I've been thinking through my plans to try to work at leaving the past behind but in a way that doesn't merely ignore the issues that I need to confront. It's all about separating out the good and the bad, sifting through the memories that I have and being totally honest with myself about what is beneficial to my life and what has turned to insecurities.

So I have been trying to think of some symbols for these areas that I want to focus on. What can represent the positives and the strengths that I want to remember and hang on to, and what can similarly be used to symbolise the areas that don't serve me well and need to go. The reason that I feel this is important is because it makes you literally sit and look at what you need to do - avoidance isn't possible.

In this sense, my altar is going to look like a mini shrine! So I will be having to work with the types of symbols that I select and then explore ways to work with the right tools and ingredients or herbs to maximise the potential.

I will be getting the bulk of my work done tomorrow morning - so next post follows quickly behind this one :)

Blessings xx

No comments:

Post a Comment