Saturday 30 October 2010

Samhain/Halloween Spell - Everything but the spell

Ok, I've been working on my Samhain/Halloween spell this morning and trying to bring all of my ideas together. All that's needed is the final details on my ritual and I shall be ready for tomorrow!

I have tried to make the focus more on the smoke than the fire because of my theme of the 'ghosts' of the past and trying to move beyond them. I have selected:

Bay leaves for inspiration - this is because I feel it's important to see your way forward rather than just try to leave the past behind, leaving a complete blank where the future should be!

Boldo leaf for spiritual cleansing - an obvious one. It's about enabling yourself to let go without fears of the gaps that it leaves. It helps you to welcome the feeling of a fresh start.

Apple incense - apples have associations with Halloween obviously, but it's also about tapping into the lovely, fresh energy that apples can bring. The smell of the above herbs can be quite pungent and apple incense can cut through this nicely as it's quite sweet.

Orange and black candles - this is a traditional colour combo for candles and Samhain and I see no reason to move away from it!

Symbols - I have chosen some very personal symbols to represent the various memories and feelings that I intend to learn from, keep, or let go of. These will be placed on my altar for 5 days so that I can spend some time every day sitting on front of them and lighting candles for 5 minutes to reflect and meditate*. I will place them in the centre with my herbs and incense placed around them to both protect and fence them in. Again, it's about focus.

Of course, Samhain is very much a time of hope and strength so that we can make it through the harsh winter months. For most of us these days, this is more of an emotional matter than a physical one. But nevertheless, it's always important to take a little time at these important Sabbats to give thanks for the assistance you get in making it through and being able to enjoy the good times!

Blessings
Fran xx

*some people do not like the idea of not using spell candles in one go but I don't feel it is totally a bad thing. Just make sure that you don't blow the candle out, always use a snuffer so that you hold all of the energies that you've been working with inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment