Saturday 23 October 2010

Samhain/Halloween: First thoughts

I mentioned the other day that I am going to focus on moving on from the negative aspects of the past for my Samhain/Halloween ritual - chasing the ghosts of the past away in other words! I've been giving some thought to some of the herbs that I want to use and am opting for:

Bay leaves - for inspiration
Boldo Leaf - for spiritual cleansing

Both of these burn really well and I like the visual associations between the smoke (and its whispy qualities) and the spirits of the past that I am trying to banish from my life. It also blends in well with the use of fire which I would like to make quite central to my spell too as I like the power of both vibrant light and creation and potential destruction. It brings about just the right balance.

My next thoughts are going to be around something to drive me forwards. It's easier to move on from negative aspects of the past when you have something to look forward to!

Don't forget to let me know if you are working on any ideas of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment