- This is a time for bread and baking, so if you are so inclined and talented, now is the time to start planning your feeding festivities! I know some people like to prepare and freeze the dough but I'm not really an expert is this field so you wouldn't want to take advice from me on this!
- Continuing with the food theme, the obvious option is to bring in summer fruits. Berries are a favourite of mine and bring a lot of colour to your home or altar too. If you can keep your hands off them for that long ;)
- It's still summery and so the colours need to be orange, yellows and golds. But there are some greens coming in too. You may want to decorate your altar with citrine, green aventurine, tiger's eye and carnelian.
- Decorate with flowers too. Sunflowers are often used but anything that you feel drawn to and sums up your mood is good.
- If you are able to, also spend the day and or evening with some really good company. Because this is the last of the summer sabbats, I always feel it important to make the most of that happy, relaxed atmosphere and good friends always bring that with them.
I recommend you doing this after you have eaten and are at a comfortable body temperature. You shouldn't really try this with a feeling of need as it would not be fitting to the festival spirit.
All you will need, other than your chosen decorations, are some coins or some kind of harvest (such as your fruits). Place them in front of you or at the centre of your altar.
I receive this abundance
That blesses my day
This gift will enhance
And for more will make way
So the season'll move forward
The year will turn round
But this bounty stays with me
It's strength I have found!
If you have any plans for your own Lammas celebrations by the way, I'd love to hear from you! Have a good one :)