Wednesday 18 November 2009

Are There Such Things as Spells to Become a Witch?

If there is one question that I get from people that I meet who take an interest in witchcraft it’s this - ‘can you give me some spells to become a witch!?’

The simple answer is I’m afraid no. But that said, it’s not really a simple matter and I understand the confusion. After all, witchcraft is about spells isn’t it? Why not just cast a spell and become a witch - broomstick and all! I’d just like to ask you to consider one thing. If you’re not a witch, what makes you think the spell is going to work? ;)

But onto a more serious look at what’s involved, this isn’t really a yes or no matter. While there is no one spell I could give you to inject special powers into your system, and I certainly can’t wave a magic wand, it is also true that spells are the path to becoming a witch for many. It’s just that their path is more complex than you may think.

I have said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s called the craft for a reason! It takes practice, hard work and dedication to become a witch and it takes skill, solid faith and a respect for nature to cast effective spells. There are no shortcuts.

So if you want a spell to become a witch, this is what I recommend. Take a very simple spell, something that is important to you. Work with this spell over a week and rather than concentrating on the effects, instead focus on how it makes you feel. Start up a book of shadows and write down observations and thoughts. Give yourself a break and time to reflect. Then try again with another simple spell and see how this one goes. Again, observations are important. So in this sense, the all important spell to become a witch becomes ANY simple spell that you can work with.

For me, learning to cast spells was a bit like learning to ride a bike. You may think you’re never going to get it, but then something just clicks! Perseverance is key.

Blessings and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment