Monday 6 December 2010

Yule Preparations - Day 1

It's funny that at this time of year, Yule represents the earth going to sleep or dying before its rebirth. And yet we are all running around like crazy trying to get everything done!

That said, it's time to start thinking about Yule traditions and making plans for my festive celebrations. In terms of renewal, I'm actually quite happy with the way that most of the important aspects of my life are going at the moment so I'm going to aim for stability - to keep up the good work and keep everything ticking over so that I am then ready for another spurt of enthusiasm and progress come Ostara. It's been a very chaotic time and so I am happy to see some calm and balance come in, it will be grounding for me.

I'm happy to throw in a bit of giving thanks for the opportunities I've had lately though - I don't plan to make it too sensible a party!

Anyhoo, here are some of my ideas so far:
  • Red and green candles, for the sake of being tradionalist. And lots of them too being a celebration of light.
  • Plenty of holly and mistletoe, for the same traditionalist reasons as above!
  • Almonds, cloves and cinnamon
  • Snow quartz
  • Thyme - a great herb for this time of year.
  • Last year I went for divination with a tarot reading. Plan to fit in crystal ball work this year.
  • Symbolism for the God and Goddess, for which I have some ideas already but will let you know the details a bit nearer the time.
Can't wait for the next wave of ideas!

Fran x

No comments:

Post a Comment