Monday 28 June 2010

Museum of Witchcraft, Boscastle, Cornwall

In the day, on Litha, I have to admit to being beside myself with excitement at planning to visit the Museum of Witchcraft at Boscastle. And it in no way disappointed. They are friendly, dedicated, the Museum itself strikes the right balance between creating a fun, mystical atmosphere and genuinely informing visitors. There is even a space for peaceful prayers (representing Danu). If you get the chance - GO!!

So, to whet your appetite, here are some of the pictures I took. Don't strain your eyes too much though, understandably, flash photography wasn't allowed. So I just had to do my best :)


The entrance


You can't really see this too clearly, but it's a wishing well. With plenty of support in the shape of many witches to help your wishes come true!


This was a lovely, calm and serene area which was playing some Pagan music. Seemed to lose track of time in this room. 

There was a special section on the significance of the hare to many witches of times gone by. 

Book of Shadows


...and in case you needed any more persuading, here are the views from behind the museum, and the area itself is simply stunning! 

Again, this was such a treat on a special day for me. It was both really exciting to see so much information I already knew and totally connected with. Similarly, I doubt there is anyone who couldn't learn a thing or two! I could have spent hours in the areas for worship :)

No comments:

Post a Comment