Monday 19 April 2010

Beltane Diary - Day 1

Hello!

As ever I have been thinking over my Beltane sabbat plans far too late but hey, I like to be spontaneous! I have, however, given some thought to what I want to do. Beltane (to most known as May Day) is well known for being a fertility festival but I currently have no need of the literal interpretation of this! Therefore, I'd like to honour the masculine and feminine and to think about how I channel both energies in my life and how they both enrich my life and drive me forwards. 

So here are some of the things I plan to include:

  • A "maypole" for my altar. I'm currently looking for a suitable branch to use, which should ideally be oak or hazel. I shall then wrap red and white ribbons around it. (This represents masculinity).

  • Again, for the fertility aspect of the festival, I'm using a triple moon chalice and hope to put rain water in it on the day. (This represents femininity).

  • Roses. I'm going to use some fresh cut roses for decoration but also am using rose petals for my spell ritual. If I have the time to make a flower basket when I am done, I shall give it away as a gift. 

  • Fire is an important element of Beltane so red and white candles are to be a central feature.

For my spell, I will be looking at the balance of male and female and aiming for a sense of completeness. 

Don't forget to check out the Beltane sale over at Destiny Charms!

More tomorrow!

Fran xx


No comments:

Post a Comment